Amara. It means "everlasting".
It also represents our brand's commitment to sustainable and climate conscious fashion.
Proud to be part of the "slow fashion" movement, we advocate ethical and sustainable practice at every step of our product's journey, from responsible material sourcing, and making smart packaging choices, right up until the checkout.
WE PLANT TREES
£1 - £1 TREE
We are proud to announce that for every purchase you make, Amara Palm will automatically donate £1 of your order towards planting up to 1,000 trees per month in the Madagascar rainforest, 90% of which has already been destroyed through deforestation.
We will do this through our partners JUST ONE Tree who are a non-profit organisation supporting reforestation projects around the World.
They combat climate change through planting trees and in the process help provide training, agricultural education and sustainable incomes in poverty stricken areas.
Simultaneously improving livelihoods whilst tackling our climate crisis.
For further info on what your donation contributes to please visit their website.
ETHICALLY SOURCED AND SUSTAINABLE
We offer a contemporary and sustainable option for those that seek responsibly sourced, affordable, premium handmade jewellery.
We are firmly committed to ethical material selection, exclusively using conflict free diamonds and gemstones and sustainably sourced cultured freshwater pearls.
Our 18k gold vermeil and solid 9k designs are handmade by artisans in Jaipur, using only 100% recycled silver and fair mined gold.
Our firm sustainability principles means that we are able to support local communities in Indonesia and India, and enable us to work with small, independent workshops.
We are proud to be able to provide opportunities for an enriching work-life balance for our suppliers, and women make up 70% of our production workforce empowering their local communities.
Amara Palm is committed to incomparable high-quality, and our designs are covered by a 12 month warranty.
The changes we have made so far...
- Recycled Gold & Silver - We now use 100% recycled gold and silver for our Luxe designs.
- Kraft gift boxes -Our new kraft gift boxes use recycled materials. The paper covering is from sustainable forests and the boxes are fully recyclable yet still having a luxe feel.
- Gift ribbon - Our ethical ribbon is produced using recycled bottles, this process eliminates the creation of virgin yarn, meaning no oil is extracted from the ground. Not only does this make your gift packaging look and feel amazing, it also helps save our environment and you wouldn't notice the difference!
- Poly mailers - Our branded poly mailers are made from recycled materials and are fully recyclable.
- Postage boxes - Our postage boxes have The Fair trade FSC® mark which guarantees that all materials come from an FSC® forest, making them eco-friendly, organic, and fully recyclable.
- Gift bags - Made from recycled materials and are fully recyclable.
We are looking to find that perfect balance between luxury and sustainability and are currently designing a range of new eco friendly jewellery packaging which we hope to launch later this year.. stay tuned..
Love Team Amara Palm x